Thursday, January 5, 2012

Pinterest

I spent the bulk of 2011 holding a baby - sounds lovely doesn't it? As said baby was mostly crying, there wasn't much lovely to be had. But eventually he would sleep and I would rig up a complicated pillow system that allowed me to hold him and surf the net simultaneously. Now we're talking. During one of my many internet sessions I came across Pinterest. Ahh, pinterest.....how do I love thee, let me count the ways.....

It sounds silly but pinterest got me through 2011 - it inspired me with great ideas, comforted me with its collective wisdom and most important of all it taught me how to make rainbow cake!

Here are some photos from Scarlett's 4th birthday party featuring the magnificent rainbow cake. I used this recipe from Count It All Joy and it was an absolute winner. Thanks Meredith!

We had a rainbow party theme....

Party favours for the kids.



The cake...I ask you where would we be without smarties? I for one would be up the cake decorating creek.



At this point I was praying to our heavenly father that it had turned out (I always turn to God for the important stuff...) On a side note the rainbow cupcakes were made using this recipe from Glorious Treats - again found through Pinterest.



Yay!! Prayers answered. The rainbow cake is a crowd pleaser...it looks so innocuous from the outside, just a plain rather tall cake, but inside it's just so pretty!



So there you have it. Thanks Pinterest....I owe you one!

3 comments:

  1. Never seen a rainbow cake before. What a great idea. Hope you are well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell in love with pinterest last year too. Oh what a resource! Any time I need an answer to something, off to pinterest. It is the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Scarlett's underwhelmed expression at the cake you slaved over. ;) Who'd have kids?

    ReplyDelete

I'm glad you popped by, your comments really make my day.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...